National BBQ Day gives you the chance to celebrate local food with your friends and family, as well as with BBQ-ers across the country. Enjoying locally and sustainably sourced foods has a variety of benefits. Become part of the national conversation on how Going Local is good for your Food System, Economy and Tastebuds – and what it means to you. By sharing your story, you can also win a Napoleon BBQ Grill.
Here’s what to do next!
- Register your event to win. Let us and others know you’re celebrating local! #WhyLocal
- Stock up on local produce, meats and fixings. Plenty of vegetarian, vegan and celiac friendly options to feast on.
- Download the toolkit and learn about “Why Local”
- Invite your friends, family and community to celebrate together
- Talk to us! Send a word or photo on Twitter (#NationalBBQDay), Pinterest, Facebook, or Instagram and tag Meal Exchange or e-mail us. We want to salivate over your food and hear about why you’re going local.