National BBQ Day gives you the chance to celebrate local food with your friends and family, as well as with BBQ-ers across the country. Enjoying locally and sustainably sourced foods has a variety of benefits. Become part of the national conversation on how Going Local is good for your Food System, Economy and Tastebuds - and what it means to you. By sharing your story, you can also win a Napoleon BBQ Grill.
1. Register your event to win. Let us and others know you’re celebrating local! #WhyLocal
2. Stock up on local produce, meats and fixings. Plenty of vegetarian, vegan and celiac friendly options to feast on.
3. Download the toolkit and learn about ‘Why Local’
4. Invite your friends, family and community to celebrate together
5. Talk to us! Send a word or photo on Twitter (#NationalBBQDay), Pinterest, Facebook, or Instagram and tag Meal Exchange or e-mail us. We want to salivate over your food and hear about why you’re going local.